1. Do senior leaders create a great place to work and practice medicine by ensuring that everyone lives the mission, vision, values, and standards of behavior?
2. Do leaders in your organization understand why engagement matters and the reasons behind the urgency for higher engagement of stakeholders?
3. Do leaders build supervisor engagement through tools that increase communication, set clear expectations, and provide feedback?
4. Do supervisors build employee engagement with tools and tactics that build the relationship, make them feel valued, and instill a sense of purpose?
5. Do physicians and other caregivers in your organization build patient engagement with tools and tactics that build trust, demonstrate empathy, increase partnership, and celebrate progress?
6. Does your organization measure and track employee and physician engagement (versus satisfaction)?
7. Does your organization track the engagement of individual patients and respond accordingly?
8. Has your organization hardwired the process of harvesting engagement stories and shared them widely so everyone understands "what right looks like?"