Cara Dake, PT
Cara Dake, PT has over 25 years of healthcare experience, including 10 years coaching Evidence-Based LeadershipSM tools. As an Account Leader and Coach for Community and Federal hospitals and health systems, Cara helps healthcare organizations achieve high reliability.
As a licensed physical therapist with more than 25 years in healthcare, Cara has clinical and leadership experience in a variety of settings including hospital, outpatient rehabilitation, skilled nursing facilities, military, private practice, swing bed, home health, and schools. Through these community, federal, and system health experiences, Cara appreciates healthcare's connection to and vital role in each community. In addition to leading accounts at Studer Group, Cara continues to practice as a physical therapist.
Prior to joining Studer Group, Cara served as her organization's Evidence-Based LeadershipSM champion. She enthusiastically coaches and believes that no matter our size or location, we all must understand that every one of our patients is trusting us to provide quality care. Cara's passion is to make healthcare better - now and for generations to come.
- Account Leader for Federal engagements
- Partner organizations recognized as Studer Group Healthcare Organization of the Month
- Partner organizations presented best practices at What's Right in Health Care®
- Led organizations to exceed and sustain top decile employee engagement
- Partner organizations' inpatient experience results rate of change consistently exceed 90th percentile
- Improved inpatient experience results from bottom decile to greater than 50th national percentile
- Sustained outpatient rehabilitation therapy patient satisfaction at greater than 90% for four consecutive years
- As a therapy director, achieved more than 10% annual rehabilitation therapy volume growth for 10 consecutive years
Education And Certifications
- Bachelor of Health Science, Physical Therapy, University of Missouri
- Bachelor of Science in Exercise Science, Area of Concentration in Mathematics and Computer Science, Truman State University
- Ask the Expert Coaches Panel - Studer Conference, Oct 2016, March 2017.
- Reviewer and contributor: "High Reliability in Healthcare: creating the culture and mindset for patient safety", Healthcare Management Forum 2017, Vol 30