Tad Hunt, RRT, MS
Tad is a Senior Director in the community market segment at Studer Group, which helps organizations achieve excellence in clinical and operational outcomes. With over 25 years of experience in healthcare, he has a passion for improving patient experience and maximizing the potential of employees by empowering them to provide high-quality care. He has worked in a variety of settings with the majority of his career spent in rural healthcare. Tad later became a leader at small and critical access hospitals, focusing on improving overall quality, operational and financial performance. As a servant and transformational leader, he is a believer in actively partnering with governance boards and committees to improve patient care with a focus on engaging stakeholders at all levels to make healthcare a better place for patients.
Prior to working at Studer Group, Tad worked with numerous critical access hospitals throughout Nebraska and was given the opportunity to serve as president and CEO of three different organizations. As a senior executive, he enjoys developing teams to truly make a difference for patients and communities. He has hardwired Studer Group operational tactics and tools in numerous healthcare organizations to sustain positive patient experience results and operational success. Tad has led his teams through many accreditation processes. Most recently, he led a successful EMR implementation in just 9 months fueled by his commitment to creating a positive, collaborative and engaging work environment.
- Increased employee engagement to 96th percentile as measured through the Advisory Group
- Increased overall rating in clinic to 97th percentile as measured through Avatar
- Increased overall inpatient rating from 43rd percentile to 84th percentile as measured through Avatar
- Received iVantage award for clinical quality performance and patient perspectives
- Reduced readmissions by 22 percent to 6.41 percent
- SCIP, HF, PNE, CP care composite score at 99.5
Education and Certifications
- Master of Science, Leadership and Communication, University of Nebraska - Lincoln
- Bachelor of Arts, Organizational Management, Concordia University, Seward, Nebraska
- Associate of Applied Science, Respiratory Care with Distinction, Southeast Community College – Lincoln
- Member, American College of Healthcare Executives
- Member, National Rural Health Association
- Past president, Nebraska Rural Health Association
- COACHING MINUTE: Who’s on Your Personal Board of Directors?
- Huron | Studer Group Conferences
- Numerous healthcare organizations from hospital systems to critical access hospitals
- Hospital associations
- Health and Human Services
- Academic environments
- Healthcare professional organizations