What does it mean to be a great hospital or healthcare system? There are as many ways to answer this question as there are patients, industry professionals and organizations with great stories to tell. But if asked to sum up what makes a hospital great I would do it in a single word: engagement.
Quint shares ten tips for focusing on engagement that won't cost the organization any money, including:
1. Make sure the "fit" is right from the beginning.
2. Hardwire leader rounding for outcomes.
3. Respect people enough to tell them the truth.
4. Stop letting low performers slide.
5. Don't underestimate the power of a front-line supervisor.
6. Don't be "all business."
7. Broach the subject of growth and personal development.
8. Encourage mentorship.
9. Ask for input.
10. Say thank you.
Read the full Becker’s Hospital Review article here: http://www.beckershospitalreview.com/leadership-management/10-free-or-very-inexpensive-ways-to-engage-staff.html